Saturday, June 30, 2012

Woven Love

This my card for yesterday's challenge to use scraps. I tried to upload it a couple times yesterday but the gallery kept experiencing technical difficulties so I decided to wait until today to try again... The challenge was to use scraps that we had lying around our desk (or floor for some of us) from projects that we made earlier in the week. I had the pink cardstock still on my floor (neatly in a pile to put away) so I chose to use that. I cut the scraps into 1/2" strips and weaved them together. I then cut them out with my nestabilities to create my frame. I wanted to leave this card pretty simple so that my woven frame was the featured item. I am actually hoping that this can get into one of the challenges upcoming... I love the look of this background and I will definitely be using more of my scraps to create this look again... At a mere 1/2" strip it seems there is no need to throw away even the smallest of scraps anymore... :) (Not that I really threw them out before!) Happy Stamping!!!

No comments: