Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pink Embossed Crocus

I was just messing around in my stamp room and wanted to play around with a new technique. Brenda from Sparkle N Sprinkle posted a tutorial on Glitter Masking.. I wanted to take it a step further and apply the same concept but instead of glitter, I used embossing.
I cut out my adhesive sheet with the Spellbinders die and then I cut out the protective backing sheet with the classic rectangle. I peeled the second protective sheet from my fancy cut die and placed the rectangle backing sheet in the center so only the outer edges would get the embossing powder. I embossed the edges and removed my backing and added my image. The image was colored with Copic Markers and then I added a small amount of glitter to the flowers in white so that they looked like they were coming up out of the snow as the sentiment says. The rest of the card was pretty simple to put together but I think the outcome is just gorgeous...