Sunday, September 30, 2012

Woven Card Tutorial

I am so excited to be guest hosting today's "Try A New Technique" challenge over at Splitcoast. Here is a simple tutorial for your viewing pleasure. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I am more than happy to help in any way I can. To start.. Choose a die as your template. Cut a sheet of Sticker Paper just larger than your die.
Next cut your coordinating cardstock into 1/2" strips and as long as your Sticker Sheet..
Next peel your sticker sheet backing off just far enough to expose 2 rows of adhesive like so
Carefully position your first set of vertical rows and the first 2 horizontal rows on the adhesive and press firmly making sure not to touch the rest of your adhesive.
Now pull your adhesive backing down far enough to expose enough "sticky" for your next row of strips..
Finish weaving your rows carefully aligning them and pressing to the adhesive.. Make sure you press them firmly to ensure proper adhesion..
Run finished piece through your die cutting machine to cut out your woven background.
Emboss edges if you choose... Remove woven background from die and assemble card as desired... Here is my finished card:

12 comments:

Karalee said...

That is super pretty. I have got to try this. Thanks Kari!

Srk said...

Thanks for your grateful informations, this blogs will be really help for tutorial.

Nessie said...

It looks lovely, but I think I would need a third hand to manage that! *lol*
Love, Nessie

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous! Love the technique and your flowers are so pretty!

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love what you did here - it's a must try! TFS

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic tutorial! Hope I get a chance this week to try this! TFS

Brenda said...

What a fun technique and a beautifully finished card!

Tracie said...

Love the card but curious as to how you made yours flowers.

Tracie said...

Beautiful card. I am curious as to how you made your flowers.

Keri Brown said...

Tracie~
They are made using a scallop circle punch. If you would like to know further, please sent me a message to keri.brown@hotmail.com and I can give you more detailed explanation on how to make them.. They are SUPER simple...

E. Marie said...

Gorgeous card. The woven die cut is great.

Donna Ellis said...

Not only is your card amazing, Keri, but the tutorial is AWESOME! Thanks for the step-by-step directions. I have pinned it to my Tutorials - thanks very much!