Thursday, October 9, 2014

Next 5 HYCCT Challenge Cards

So I know this is odd for me to upload 10 cards in 2 days, but I was trying to play catch up...  So I am caught up now and you will only get a card or 2 a day now.  (I hope!)  So here we go again...



I love this card and the colors...  The teddy bear was made completely from circle punches and then I added the eyes and drew the nose, mouth, ear lines and paw lines.  I used my 1 3/8" punch and 3/4" punches.  The hearts were punched from my mini heart punch and I adhered a pearl to the centers.  I tied a cute ribbon and sentiment and my card was done..  I just love pink and brown together...







This is my next card for today.  The challenge was to use something on your card that has a handle.  This proved more difficult that I initially thought.  I realized I don't have any stamps that have handles really. I originally thought about making a purse, but I think the challenge has to be a card... So I stamped my mug and all other images and cut them out.  I added my cute heart to the mug and then added some liquid applique to the marshmallows and whipped cream and heat set to make puffy.  I tied a matching twine, added a sentiment and some sequins and I am happy with my card..




This card was an unbelievable happening..  This card had to use scraps that we had laying around.  I have a quite large bin that has items in it that at one time were going to be used for something and then I went another way leaving these beauties behind.  This is the case for the vertical strip of red with DSP.  The butterflies are all cut with the beautiful wings embosslits and all the ones you see were die cut and left behind.  Even the ribbon was sitting in my scrap bin all tied and ready to go...  The only part of this card that isn't a scrap is the base itself.  I love it when I am given a reason to use those scraps.  It's such a shame to let them go to waste or to put them aside and completely forget about them in the future...  Glad I was able to go through my bin and see what I had..  I plan to use more here soon...






This card hits pretty close to my heart.  This challenge was to make a card inspired by my "hero."  Could be a favorite sentiment, a person, a quote, anything.  Well my mom is my hero.  I literally talk to her daily and sometimes 3-4 times a day.  Without my mom I would be lost.  My junior year of high school my mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  I can't explain why I stayed home from school this day, but I saved my mom's life that day.  God knew why I was home.  In 2006 my mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and then in 2012 colon cancer.  My husband was prior military and I was not close to home these last 2 bouts.  That didn't stop me.  I towed my 5 children along with me in 2006 (6 month twins included) to take care of my mom, her home and my dad.  I am blessed to have been able to be there yet again.  Finally in 2012 my family had just relocated to Washington state 3000 miles from home. (Ohio)  Again this didn't stop me.  My husband watched over our 5 kids so that I could fly home to be by my mom's side.  I watched her emotions at their highest and their lowest, but one thing that never failed was her desire and drive to fight and survive.  A support system is critical during these times.  My mom is my hero now and forever...  I love you mom!!!



This is my final card to catch me up on the 10 challenges posted thus far.  This challenge was exactly that... A CHALLENGE!!!  We couldn't use any adhesives.  No pop dots, glue dots, mono adhesive, ATG, wet glue, etc.  Well count me out... This is impossible... Or is it?  So I have at least 4 layers to this card and not a single bit of adhesive to be found.  I adhered my red strip and 3 hearts with staples covered with these adorable heart brads.  I then attached my smaller hearts with adorable tiny heart brads.  I then dusted off some eyelets and attached the bottom of my cardstock with eyelets and twine.  So you see this wasn't impossible.... As a matter of fact this was quite the opposite.  Think outside the box and you will be impressed with what you can come up with if you just try..  So these are my 5 cards today.  I hope you have enjoyed my cards so far.  Keep following along with me the rest of the month as I desperately try to complete all of the challenges up through October 31st.  Wish me luck... And until next time..  Happy Stamping all..

Inky Hugs!!!

1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow Keri - what a wonderful read of all those challenges. Your Mom's is the one that tugs most at the heart strings. How wonderful and blessed that you were able to be with her through the hardest times. You have to be one strong cookie yourself to deal with all that was going on. Great cards all of them! Thanks for sharing.