Friday, August 10, 2012

Blue Kisses

I just received this new Digi image Hugs and Kisses from Sparkle N Sprinkle and had to play with it... I chose the blue color to match the color of the blue on the Hershey kiss tabs... So this was a lengthy card to make but I am pretty happy with how it turned out. This card was made for 2 challenges today. The WT challenge on Splitcoast: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue and also for the Loves Rubber Stamps challenge: Bingo... I chose the far right column which is to use buttons or brads, embossing and die cuts or punches.... Check!!!! I am
posting a few photos on here so you can really see the details in this card. The first is the background. I used the rolled marble technique and in addition to using 2 colors of reinker, I also used the versamark re-inker. I did the color reinkers first and then the versamark and added a combination of silver embossing powder and silver glitter to create my background. I wasn't sure if this was going to work, but it did and it's awesome... Then I stamped my chocolate chip background randomly with the versamark and used the same silver mixture.
Then the tricky part was adding the glittered details to a digi image since it's printed from the computer and you really can't print with versamark... So I used my versamarker and colored the image and added the silver mixture to the image. I had to do this several times to get an even coating to the image. (Who says you can't emboss or glitter digi images?) Anyway, I really hope you enjoy my card today. I am pretty pleased with this myself... And I can't forget the best part of this card... In my opinion anyway... I stamped the words hugs and kisses with my alphabet set onto tissue paper to create my hershey kiss flags. I think they look just like the real thing... Stay tuned for my next project using this same Digi image... I love it!!!

No comments: