Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Crumb Calypso

Here is my card for today's color challenge. I hope no one gets upset but I had to use Creamy Caramel because I don't own any Crumb Cake yet. (It's on order) That being said... This card took me a long time to create. I spent close to 21/2 hours trying to perfect these flowers while discussing dress patterns on the phone with my mom... I am super happy with how these flowers turned out and I plan to make as many of them as I possibly can... Credit for the flower tutorial definitely goes to Donna Salazar and her magnificent eye for details... Let me explain a little bit to you about the craftsmanship that went into these flowers... I hope I have done Donna proud. I cut out multiple flowers in multiple sizes from spellbinders carnation creation and rose creations dies using pages from a dictionary. Then I cut the foliage. I inked every cut flower with Calypso Coral using a sponge dauber. I then placed all of my inked flowers in my color catch box and spritzed with cappuccino pearls mist. I dried and scrunched all flowers. I began layering the flowers largest to smallest until my flower was complete. I then began to "scrunch" all of the flower petals to make the 3-d flowers. Once I achieved the desired look, I took glitter glue and randomly placed it onto the flowers and added a bronze color fine glitter and once again dried the flowers in my color catch box. While drying I was continually scrunching so the flower didn't flatten. Once this was complete I added my rhinestone to the center of the flowers and then added them to my card... Thank you so much Donna for sharing such a fantastic tutorial and I can't wait to see what other great ideas you come up with... Can't wait to get my Wonderful Wings dies and Grand Peony... Please let me know that you stopped by and what you think... Happy Stamping!!!

No comments: