Wednesday, August 8, 2012

For A Dear Friend

This is my card for today's sketch challenge... Such a wonderful sketch which allows for a larger die cut center... This card is very difficult to photograph because I used a bit of clear embossing powder but I have included a few extra photos on here
so that you can really see the embossing details on this card. I embossed all three flower images inside my circle, the word friend in the ovals and all 3 butterflies...
This was a pretty simple card to put together but it was pretty time consuming due to all of the embossing that I did... I also used my stampin write markers to make the 4 images on my candle. I stamped on tissue paper and adhered to candle.
I added some glitter detail to the tiny flowers on the candle and attached them with cute pink brads. (I toyed with glittering the brads too but I left them alone... THIS TIME!!!!) The finish touch to the candle is my double ribbon in pink and yellow that I also slightly melted to give it the curled look... (Be careful not to burn or melt your ribbon as organdy is very delicate and doesn't take long to heat) I hope you enjoyed what I have done here... Happy Stamping!!!

No comments: