Thursday, August 30, 2012

Many Smiles

Boy could my family use some "smiles" these days... Things in my house are very tight and rough these days... Wishing something good can come soon... There is one thing that I have been working towards for a little while now that I really want and am still holding onto the hope that I get it... I have also recently gone back to work after being out for 4 months due to a major knee surgery and I am wondering if I went back too soon because I am having a rough time with it...
And hubby is still looking for a job... He does seem to have a really good prospect and they told him they planned to hire him but need to get the funding approved from corporate first... They said it could be this week or several months from now... (Like we can sit around and wait!) So like I said, we need a few smiles this way too... This is my "smile" card for today's challenge.. I could use a smile card myself so this was a perfect challenge for me today. I had the idea to use this stamp set last night, but hadn't seen it in quite some time so I thought I got rid of it. Well... I got up this morning and started rumbling through my "stored" stamp sets and viola... There it was right on top. So glad I kept this one as it was perfect for today's challenge... It is so fun pulling out older sets to play with. They remind me why I bought them in the first place... This was a super simple card to put together... I had this DSP sitting around and thought it was cute so I pulled it out.. Then I stamped my image and punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and then the scallop punch. I stamped my main panel with the same smiley faces as my main image and then my sentiment. I added some ribbon and some cute little Candi to the cheeks and viola... my card... I hope you like what I did here today with this cute but old set... Happy Stamping!!!

No comments: