Sunday, August 26, 2012

Last Chance....

CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE FOR DETAILS This is my final submission for the DT I am trying to get on. I was picked as a semi-finalist and had to create one last project for the final decision. I am hoping this was enough to get me all the way... I think there are some pretty clever ideas put to use on this card.
The first thing I did was combine 2 background techniques together for a fun new look. I started with the shaving cream technique and on top of that I added the rolled marble technique but instead of using a colored ink I used the versamark re-inker so that I could emboss it and make it shiny. I took equal parts of silver embossing powder and silver glitter and mixed it to pour onto the wet versamark.
I also chose to add sparkle to my main image to look like a wrapped hershey kiss. I printed the digi image and cut it out. I pressed it onto my versamark pad and then sprinkled it with the same mixture as my background. I then used my tiny alphabet set to stamp the words hugs and kisses onto tissue paper and cut to look like the flags on a hershey kiss. I personally thought this was a pretty clever idea...
My sentiment was created using Photo Shop and then printed on Neenah Solar White cardstock and cut using spellbinders label 10 die. I really hope you can see all of the details and thought that went into this card. I had fun making it and I absolutely love this digital image. Digi image, glitter and embossing powder are all from Sparkle N Sprinkle. Visit their store for more awesome products and digital images here. Thank you for taking the time to stop by... Please let me know what you think. Happy Stamping!!!

No comments: