Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sunflowers A Plenty

So I NEVER use yellow and I find it a bear to work with but today I knew I HAD to play with these sunflower dies because they are on borrow and I LOVE sunflowers... Of course what color are they? Yup... Yellow!!! I was thumbing through some of my DSP and found this awesome sunflower paper. At first I thought it would be too much and overpowering to my card but I think it ended up being just the perfect touch. I think I may have a new found "like" for yellow... :)
I started by cutting out my sunflowers and sponging them with More Mustard ink before I removed them from the die cut. I did the same with the leaves and sponged Old Olive on them. I then used my flower making kit to "curl" the sunflower leaves and give them more dimension. I put the flower together and built the rest of my card. This layout is for the Splitcoast sketch challenge. Great sketch to work with and I love how this card turned out... Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to know what you think... Happy Stamping!!!

No comments: